Elvis Presley, also known as the “King of Rock N’ Roll”, is definitely one of the greatest and most influential artists of all time. His songs are timeless and even the youth of today still sing some of his biggest hits like “Can’t Help Falling in Love” and “It’s Now or Never.”
Many of his fans are imitating his remarkable costume and his striking moves but many also admit that they don’t actually know everything about Elvis aside from being named by Forbes in 2008 as the top-earning dead celebrity.
Here are the 8 things you probably might not know about Elvis:
1. Elvis had the habit of shooting things. He was known for shooting out his own TV because of Robert Goulet. But do you know he loved blasting light bulbs floating on his swimming pool?
2. Elvis sometimes communicated with his friends through a code – by speaking sentences backward.
3. Elvis’ manager’s true name was Andreas Cornelis van Kuijik. He was an illegal immigrant from the Netherlands.
4. Elvis’ refers to “burnt” as something good. He loved saying the expression “That’s burnt, man.”
5. Elvis’ was believed to be a bi-polar and depressive despite his enormous success.
6. Elvis seriously wanted to be an actor. Though he starred in 33 films, he said ‘Jailhouse Rock’ and ‘King Creole’ made him feel he’s a true actor.
7. Elvis, at a concert in Norfolk on July 20, 1975, accused his quartet of black female backup singers for eating catfish before performing. Two of the backup singers walked out and many from the audience were offended by Elvis’ comments.
8. Elvis last read the book “A Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus” written by Frank O. Adams before he died. It was also found out that before he passed way, he ate four scoops of ice cream and six chocolate chip cookies.